Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Do Re Mi Song

 This year I'm trying a music interactive notebook for my 3rd, 4th, 5th graders.  We'll use it about every other week to record vocabulary, complete assignments, music listening reflections, composing, and more!
  
Here is a page from the notebook.  The students complete the steps on the attached link:My Do Re Mi Song
Then I check their work before they cut and paste it into their notebooks.

Later, they come back and record the steps, skips, and repeats (it is a later lesson).

I also display their work using the document camera - we can practice singing and playing them on boomwhackers.

Fun stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using a music notebook to make students accountable for their learning! I just started a new blog about elementary music at http://wherethemusicthingsare.blogspot.com/
    I would love for you to check it out! I'm in the process of switching from general ed to music ed., so any suggestions that you can give would be great!

    ReplyDelete