Sunday, January 27, 2013

Recorder Fingerings Posters - DIY

I posted these last year and I'm hoping to make a free PDF for interested music teachers to download.  They were really effective in helping the students.  Here's the instructions on how to make them:

1. First, I traced the recorder in pencil (ours are always from Peripole - I love all their products and their customer service is great) on cardstock.  Then, I added the blank finger holes at the top.
2. Second, I colored the recorder and colored in the corresponding fingerings (in a bright color- Lines are Red for use and Spaces are green).  Then I added the bit about "left hand", "right hand" and "thumb".
3. Third, I drew the music staff with the correct pitch and labeled it, both with the letter (A) and the reference to where it lives (space 2).
4. Lastly, I mounted the cardstock on black construction paper.  Laminate and hang.

I pointed out where these posters were to the students and how to use them.  They are allowed to walk over and view them as they need to during practice times.

No comments:

Post a Comment